Almost half a year after the end of the corona-induced lockdown, the french must prepare for new exit restrictions.
As announced by head of state emmanuel macron, new and drastic measures against the second wave of the corona epidemic will apply nationwide from friday onwards.
Head of government jean castex plans to present the new acceptance catalog to both chambers of parliament on thursday. A vote is also planned, said macron.
With the announcements of the 42-year-old head of state, the crisis in the country came to a dramatic head. "Stay at home as much as possible". Respect the rules," macron appealed to his compatriots in a televised address. He used the french term "confinement," which can also be translated as lockdown.
Macron does not want to paralyze the country with its 67 million people as in the spring. The economy should continue as much as possible; people should work, but preferably from home. Unlike in the spring, schools will remain open. However, bars, restaurants and "non-essential businesses" will have to stay closed.
Citizens will no longer be able to move freely as in the spring. Exit certificates to return. People can go on the road when they want to work, do important shopping, see a doctor or get some fresh air. Travel to other regions of the country is also not possible without further ado – but there are to be exceptions for the return from the autumn vacations this weekend. The mabnahmen are initially until 1. December limited.
France is severely affected by the pandemic. Nearly 35 have died so far.800 people. "We are being overrun by the acceleration of the epidemic," macron warned. Government spokesman gabriel attal said that in two weeks’ time the situation in intensive care hospital wards could be similar to that at the height of the first epidemic wave in the spring. The lockdown in spring lasted from mid march to mid may.
In france, a nighttime curfew is currently in place for around two-thirds of the population, or about 46 million people.